Welcome to the Programmer in Black's web site. Inside you will find an eclectic mix of stories, drivel and PIB web design ideas. An extensive collection of game reviews and a collection of reviews on other pieces of software, primarily software used for web sites. I hope you find something of interest.
Interesting Places on the Web
- The Open Directory Project Extensive and constantly updated catalogue of web sites. The information from this sites drives a number of directories across the web including the Google directory. I am one of the volunteer editors and have written a silly page about DMOZ.
- My favourite Stock Photographer who specialises in sports photography but has some great travel and nature photographs as well.
Unusual online shopping
- GEMM a great place to search for older and out of print albums/cds.
- email@example.com A1 Record Find if you want some really rare vinyl album, these people are great. Describe what you want in an email to these people and they will probably be able to find a copy for you. They also do request lists and will try to help you complete a collection as well.
- Advanced Book Search This is a great place to look for old, rare, and long out-of-print books. I found the complete 16 volume set of Sir Richard Burton's Arabian Nights translation through this service.
- Audiobooks If you are looking for audiobooks, these people offer fast friendly service and their database is searchable on title, author, keyword or narrator. I like that last option in particular.
More about the author
I am currently rewriting this, at the moment, it's all over the place. There are three documents About the Programmer in Black, The Flotsam or the boring details of a programmer and Computer GIGO. Good luck finding any specific bit of information.
Contact AddressLynn Alford
Information Technology and Resources
James Cook University
Townsville, QLD, Australia, 4811
Phone: +61 074 781 6256